Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Reopening Parish Play Areas Sat 4th July 2020
Thank you for your patience during the lockdown and waiting until it is safe to use the play areas. We are very proud of the children of Audley Parish who have in the main stayed off the equipment since 23rd March and respected the reasons.
The Government have now issued onerous guidance on how to minimise the risk of Covid-19 when reopening play areas. You can see it here at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-managing-playgrounds-and-outdoor-gyms/covid-19-guidance-for-managing-playgrounds-and-outdoor-gyms
Please note that we have been working hard to get the play areas ready to reopen in time. As a result most will reopen from Saturday 4th July 2020. This is with the exception of Queen Street (CARA) which will stay closed following a decision by CARA (the group of residents who manage it) following risk assessment.
There are several things which have to be in place in order to achieve the reopening of the others. Please see below image of the rules all users will have to follow. These rules are there to keep you and your family safe and reduce the chances of germs being spread. Please leave the signs in place.
The guidance suggests play area operators should look to sanitise equipment regularly and have handwashing stations. Some things are not possible, both logistically and financially. Please help us to keep you safe by wiping equipment you will touch and after. Additionally bring your own alcohol gel to wash hands. For this reason, children (14 years and under) should only be present at the play areas with a parent/carer.
If this guidance is not followed and the play areas are misused, for your safety, the Parish Council reserve the right to close them without notice. Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.
Audley Rural Parish Council
Alternative Text for Poster – COVID-19 – FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OTHERS
Important guidance for Families using the Play Areas
Stay at home if you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms, or are self-isolating. Parents/carers must read this guidance and ensure their families follow it carefully for the safety of their children and others.
This play equipment is for children 14 years and under only – present with parent/carers and never unsupervised.
- Make sure you have hand sanitiser and sanitising wipes with you. Ensure your family wash their hands before, during and after using the play area.
- This equipment is not sanitised or disinfected. This is shared equipment, use at your own risk. Please wipe down areas touched before and after use with sanitising wipes – including gates, benches, handles. Avoid using equipment which cannot be cleaned.
- There is a limit of one child/household per piece of equipment – especially within the fenced areas.
- Do not enter the fenced area unless there is free equipment – instead queue outside maintaining social distancing (2m apart).
- Encourage children to avoid touching their faces.
- Face masks could pose an additional safety risk for children and parents/carers should consider this.
- Wash your hands before putting masks on and taking them off.
- You MUST maintain social distancing from others unless they are from the same household – keep 2m from other people outside of your household.
- Avoid busy times if possible and always limit play to max of 5 minutes per item to allow others to use the equipment.
- No food or drink should be consumed on the site, and please take your rubbish home, especially PPE items and wipes. DO NOT LITTER.
Alternative Text for Poster – CORONAVIRUS – THINGS TO DO TO KEEP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SAFE
- You should be 14 years old or younger to play on the play area, and your parent/carer should be with you
- Please wash your hands before and after using the play equipment with alcohol gel
3.Ask your parent/carer to wipe down the play equipment before and after you use it
- Don’t touch your face until you have washed your hands properly
- Only one person at a time on the equipment
- After 5 minutes, let someone else have a turn
- Remember to keep your 2 meters social distance from those who do not live with you
- ……have fun and keep safe!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – What we can all do to help
The Parish Council have now delivered 3800 approx newsletters and post cards to all properties across our Parish. If you have not received one, please contact the Clerk on 07901 692414 who will get another copy to you in the post. You can also access it here as a PDF – Newsletter PDF – If you need it in another format, please also contact the Clerk.
Thank you to the volunteers who gave up their time to help achieve this important task.
In addition postcards as shown below have been put into all local shops, Audley petrol station, Audley, Bignall End and Halmer End post offices, Audley Health Centre and Audley pharmacy. All properties have also had one with the newsletter. Please use them to help your neighbour if you can by completing your details and posting them through the door. Even just a friendly chat on the phone is helpful.
If you need additional help with shopping, prescriptions etc – please call the helpline set up 01782 720392 – which is being run with the local churches. A local food bank system has now been set up to help those who need additional support.
Stay alert (31st May 2020)
Please click on the link – guidance for coronavirus for the up to date and latest information from the UK Government.
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- wash your hands regularly
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.