The consultation for the Newcastle under Lyme Local Plan is now live ….the document requires people to pass comment on a number of things which also includes the following 6 growth options:
- Growth Direction 1: Development on strategic sites outside the Green Belt – Large scale rural extensions
- Growth Direction 2: Strategic Green Belt release for an urban extension – University Growth Corridor
- Growth Direction 3: Green Belt release for development of strategic sites – Talke and Chesterton expansion
- Growth Direction 4: Green Belt release for development of strategic sites – Kidsgrove expansion
- Growth Direction 5: Green Belt release for development of strategic sites – Audley Rural expansion
- Growth Direction 6: Combination of strategic sites across the Borough comprising both sites outside the Green Belt and sites which require Green Belt release
You can have your views by going to https://www.newcastle-staffs.gov.uk/planning-policy/local-plan/2 – to respond to the consultation which ends on 13th December 2021.
Visit – https://consult.newcastle-staffs.gov.uk/resources/portal/supportingfiles/729130 – to see the document
https://www.newcastle-staffs.gov.uk/all-services/planning/planning-policy – for the evidence which supports the document and growth options.
You can book onto one of the consultation events – see attached information. This must be done in advance. Please click here to view the Consultation Information Poster